Home Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Damage | Fire & Smoke Damage | Biohazard Contamination
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Contact SERVPRO of Fairbanks Ranch/East Rancho Santa Fe Regarding Your Water Damage Emergency - (858) 756-5655
SERVPRO of Fairbanks Ranch/East Rancho Santa Fe proudly serves Rancho Santa Fe, Encinitas, Del Mar, San Diego, Carlsbad, and surrounding areas.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.